Theater Design Northwest was hired as the AV consultant for this new home overlooking the bay at Anacortes, WA. The latest 3D technology, high AV quality and a high end design aesthetic were the priorities for the dedicated home theater space. Design meetings with the clients began before finalization of the home plans- a best case scenario that allows us to tweak the environment from the technical design perspective.
A spacious 17′ W X 19.5’L X 10′ high room as given on the home plan quickly comes to tight design tolerances as you factor in a 120″ diagonal screen, seating for eight, a snack bar and the substantial amount of gear that needs to run cool. After design approval, we were presented with a framed and sheetrocked space from the builder as our firm was to execute all of the millwork, trim details and specialized carpentry that a themed theater like this requires. We designed a zero clearance fabric screenwall for the front of the room to allow the desired screen size for the viewing distance and install the 5 MK Sound LCR950 speakers behind. The tray ceiling with rope light accents in the cornice is a nice look, and is also there to tailor room acoustics. Lutron/ URC automation provides scene-based control of the lighting from the same remote that controls the theater system.
This custom designed equipment rack by Theater Design Northwest is convection cooled and uses zero valuable floor space in the theater room. Middle Atlantic RSH custom faceplates are custom ordered for each piece of equipment for an attractive, secure and convenient way to install your equipment.
- JVC DLA-X90R 3D THX/ISF Certified Reference Projector with 4K eShift
- Pioneer Elite SC-57 THX Ultra AV receiver
- Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Reference Chroma 3D bluray player
- MK Sound THX Certified speaker system: LCR 950s, SURR 95T and MX-350 sub
- Stewart Filmscreen Studiotek fixed frame 120″ diagonal 16:9 screen
- URC MX-450 RF remote with activity based programming
- Lutron lighting automation
- Wireworld interconnects
- Atlona interconnects
- Richard Gray’s Power Company 600RM Pro
- Theater Design Northwest custom fabricated screenwall, gear rack and millwork package
- Chief mounts
- Middle Atlantic rack products
- Kinetics Noise Control acoustic products
The DLA-X90R was the first of this projector to be integrated on a project in Western WA. 3D performance is impressive as you would guess from it’s THX/ISF credentials. The on screen resolution increase that the 4K/eShift feature delivers is a huge benefit in a projection room and allows the thrill of screen sizes larger than the THX spec.